- In 2021 we will be concentrating on training for those divers delayed by lockdown rules. There is a planned trip to Egypt for September 2021 which includes the option of rebreather training. Please contact us for further information on this.
Up coming dates:
- Lockdown(s) and Covid 19 have been rather a limiting factor this year. We only managed some impromptu shore dives as well as small groups for dive site inland training.
- The good thing is that many dive boats were able to operate a partial season with adaptions to comply with Government guidance. In general this meant smaller numbers of passengers per trip.
If you are a qualified diver but have never dived in British waters why not give it a go? Maybe you just need a gentle introduction in a local lake, there are actually fish to see. If you trained here but have never been in the sea around our coasts it can been a great experience especially with a Divemaster or Instructor to advise you.
We have some very interesting wildlife – Basking Sharks and Seals to Nudibranchs and Plumose Anemones. Cuttlefish regularly breed under the local piers. If wrecks are your thing the UK has them in bucket full, historical sites with bronze cannon, WW1 and 2 shipping, underwater defenses and modern artificial reefs.
For a flavor of the diving we do around the UK please see the links below.
UK open water diving season:
Inland there are multiple sites all over the UK where you can dive year round. Visibility is often best in the winter and occasionally the chance to dive under ice occurs. However the water temperature often requires a increased thermal protection such as a dry suit outside of October to March. It’s common to use a dry suit in the UK all year especially in lake s as the temperature at depth often stays low.
Sea diving is typically run April through October due to sea state. UK weather being what it is sea dives can be cancelled at quite short notice. At times the sea can be warmer that fresh water but dry suit diving is usual most of the year.
All of our trips are escorted by a Surrey Dive Centre Instructor or Divemaster to give you any guidance and/or reassurance you may need.
We also provide inland lake diving days for those who would like to expand their experience in safe and controlled conditions under the supervision of a Divemaster or Instructor.
To register interest please email me at Surrey Dive Center.
Regards, Andrew Osborne.
For a flavor of the diving we do around the UK please see the links above.
2021 planned dives:
- 8 & 9th May Divemaster skills refresher
- Open Water training Mid May onwards
- July TBA Vobster Quay AOW & deep dive
- 28th July Kyarra & Valentine tanks