- We do have some summer boat diving planned through the dive club. However due to the nature of British weather things can change with very short notice. Please check back regularly or contact us now to register your interest and we will forward details as availability comes up.
If you are a qualified diver but have never dived in British waters why not give it a go? Maybe you just need a gentle introduction in a local lake, there are actually fish to see. If you trained here but have never been in the sea around our coasts it can been a great experience especially with a Divemaster or Instructor to advise you.
We have some very interesting wildlife – Basking Sharks and Seals to Nudibranchs and Plumrose Anemones. Cuttlefish regularly breed under the local piers. If wrecks are your thing the UK has them in bucket fulls, historical sites with bronze cannon, WW1 and 2 shipping, undewater defences and modern artificial reefs.
For a flavor of the diving we do around the UK please see the links below.
In general our UK sea diving season is Easter to October. However we can and do run dives outside of these dates as demand and experience require.
Last year the underwater visibility in the English Channel and Solent hasn’t been very good, possibly due to the prior storms and various dredging programmes running through the summer.
For 2018 we will run an adhoc series of day boat dives with the possibility of additional shore and evening/night dives. The later especially is reliant on good weather and conditions.
Our day boat dives have typically departed from Newhaven, Portsmouth and Selsey. Usually for a day out at sea starting with a wreck dive and finishing with a drift dive. Commonly, these are hard boats with room for up to 10 divers and, almost most importantly, often have a lift on the back!
All of our trips are escorted by a Surrey Dive Centre Instructor or Divemaster to give you any guidance and/or reassurance you may need.
We also provide inland lake diving days for those who would like to expand their experience in safe and controlled conditions under the supervision of a Divemaster or instructor.
To register interest please email me at Surrey Dive Center.
Regards, Andrew Osborne.
For a flavor of the diving we do around the UK please see the links above.
2018 Upcoming dives dives:
- Valentine tanks – Swanage 7th May
- Open Water Rescue training 13th of May
- 28th May Kyarra Dive – Centenary of sinking
- Underwater litter pick TBA June/July
- 3rd June AOW/Deep diver specialty at Vobster Quay
- 28th July Kyarra & Valentine tanks – Cancelled due to weather
- 26th August – Vobster Quay AOW/Deep specialty